Sunday, February 5, 2012

Something big is happening...

...besides that football game, my birthday is today.  Yep, I finally turned the big 3 tens and 2 ones.  Not sure what to make of it.  I know one thing, I look dang good for my age.  I'm going to make this short and sweet.  I know you have a game to get drunk for.  However I have to say that I am quite happy.  I got an awesome gift from a lovely couple from my church.  My favorite cookies, Soft Batch Chocolate Chip, and a gift card to Taco Bell.  Yes the food is bad for you, but it's worth the sacrifice of my bloodstream.  I got tons of Facebook posts, a couple of texts, and even a phone call from one of my best friends.  I'm blessed to have so many people in my life.  People who care about me, love me, and want to see me happy.  I promise you that this particular year, I refuse to not be blessed.  I refuse to not be thankful for what God has given me.  I will have joy.  I will find that perfect wifey chick.  Last year's chick was a waste of space.  If you want my heart, you'd better be worth my time.  I'm going to accomplish my goals.  God will be pleased because I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  I know I won't be perfect.  I know I'll make mistakes.  I can count twelve I made this morning.  However I will be quick to make things right and quicker to be apologetic for doing wrong.  I know I like to claim that I'm the smartest and rightest person I know, but truth be told...I can screw up.  Yes I know it's hard for you all to see me admit imperfection, but it's true.  I can be my own worst enemy sometimes.  However what makes me so awesome is that I know all this and will still work on doing better in life.  My 29 years, 36 months has taught me to do right with God's help.  It has taught me to not be satisfied with where I am and to always seek and strive to improve.  I promise that I will be a Better Tyrone than I was during my 29 years 24 month life time.  Anyway, again thank you all who wished me well on birthday.  I'm sure next year during 29 year 48 month day, we can talk about how uber awesome I am as opposed to just awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment