Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Set of Random Musings

I really wasn't sure what to write about tonight.  So I decided to just let my mind wander.  This shouldn't be to bad.

1. Where did the term America's Team come from?  Some how, the Dallas Cowboys became America's Team.  I didn't vote for them.

2. I wonder if my roommate expects me to yell something back when he hollers at the television.

3. Sometimes I wonder if the kids I work with understand that I'm 6'4" and 200+ pounds.  The way they beat me up like I was a plaything.

4. If anyone here knows how to get a gas fireplace to work, I'd be ever so grateful.  How can I impress the ladies with no fire?

5. Nick Diaz won that fight last Saturday.  I think UFC wants to punish him a little more for skipping press conferences for the St. Pierre fight.  The funny thing is, Nick doesn't care.  You're not hurting his feelings.

6. I am so so so glad I got to go to church tonight.  I missed Wednesday night church like crazy.

7.  Thank God for my car.  I'm happier than a white guy in a soap commercial.  Feel free to use that one.

8.  Speaking of, how are white guys so dang happy in those shower commercials.  The last thing I'm wanting to is smile while I'm in the shower.  I want to go back to bed, quickly.

9.  I got a 24 pack of toilet paper...this had better last longer than a week.

10.  I thought Santorum quit...dude just killed 3 states.

11.  This season of Biggest Loser is going down as the whiniest group ever.  Particularly how the red team voted out one of their best chances to win the show because he wasn't there as long as they were.  You left a dude older than dirt on your team.

12.  I don't understand what gives Raycom the right to ruin a good basketball game with their coverage.  ESPN gets blocked out because I'm in "ACC Country."  Not fair.

13.  I still remember one time, one of my kids giving me dating advice.  I asked him what I should do for a girl.  He told me "steak and flowers."  Brilliant mind.

14.  M.I.A. tried to steal Madonna's shine by flipping the bird during the Super Bowl.  She can apologize all she wants, but we all know she did it on purpose because she hasn't been relevant since that "Swagger Like Us" song.  And I didn't even know that was her then.

15.  Dan Le Batard's dad is the coolest human being ever.  Please watch Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable to watch his father make you laugh like crazy.

16.  Two teams paid over 450 million dollars for first basemen to play on their teams.  I thought we were in a recession.

17.  I'm so thankful for my friends.  I don't deserve them.  Particularly my best friends from different states.  I have a Virginia best friend, a North Carolina best friend, and my mom is pretty much my best friend all around. Well it's between her and my nephew.

18.  I admire single moms.  They are quite possibly the strongest, toughest, most resilient brand of people on this planet.  That's a real miracle.  That's something that should be admired and respected and I for one salute you all.

19.  I have a lot of thoughts.  I should try to make a motion picture about my blog, like Tucker Max did.  Except my movie will actually be interesting.  I'll get Jaleel White to play me and Denzel Washington to play older me.  I'll take a cameo as a mailman.

20.  Why is everything about vampires now?  Is it because of the zombie apocalypse?  Zombies don't care about us.  They have more important things to worry about, like the fact that they keep losing limbs at an almost alarming rate.  I'd check for gangrene.

21.  I can't believe the spell checker thought Denzel was misspelled.  Not cool.  He's the man, nothing is wrong on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment