Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I like my freedom

You know, I never realized how awesome it is to drive myself from one place to another until I didn't have a vehicle.  While I went a long time without a vehicle, I was content.  I didn't mind asking for rides from friends because, quite frankly, they're my friends.  They're supposed to do nice things for me.  I do nice things for them.  It's what friendship is all about.  Anyway, I finally got a vehicle this past Thursday.  It was truly a blessing from God.  I'm thankful for all those who helped me along my journey towards a car.  I'm also thankful for all those who helped me get around while I struggled.  Now that I have a car, I'm pretty happy.  I can go to the supermarket and get more than one bag of groceries.  You never realize how awesome multiple bags of groceries are until you're carrying them on a bus full of weirdos.  No offense Valley Metro, you're great and all, but your passengers scare me.  Although, no lie, I'd still ride that bus just for the sake of riding it.  Although the jealous faces when I bring Kroger chicken on the bus makes me laugh.  I will still go on my walkabouts up and down Williamson Road.  That place is a fun walk.  Those folks are interesting.  It was great to stay a little longer at work knowing that I'm not inconveniencing anyone.  It's good to know that I can go to church and serve my Lord with no reservations about getting there or hoping I can catch a ride the night before.  I can go to church with no worries.  I can do more in church.  I'm just so thankful and blessed.  I always say that I deserve nothing.  God blesses me simply because He wants to.  Never forget how big of a jerk you are and how God loves you anyway.  Yes I know a lot of nice people, but if you're not Jesus, you're not perfect.  If you're not perfect...well then.  I'm just happier than happy that I can celebrate this with you all who read this blog.  While you're at it, share this blog with your friends.  I'd like to say that I'm worth the effort of reading.  So share this, tell people about it.  Join the Facebook group.  Well, I'm done.  Thanks again for praying for the vehicle situation.  You're all special to me.

I still hate LMFAO...the radio isn't working in the car yet, so I'm thankful they're not polluting my ears while I drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment