Friday, February 3, 2012

Coming Events

Not really sure what to expect when I turn 29 years and 36 months on Sunday.  There will be a big football game that no one cares about in Indianapolis.  Besides that, not sure.  I'll be one year older, one year wiser.  I'll have more experience in the game of life.  Not the board game, I kill people in that.  Not actually kill, that's not one of the life cards you can get.  I'm rambling.  I guess that's another trait of getting older, you tend to talk for long periods of time about nothing at all.  Kinda getting my Abe Simpson on.  Where was I?  Oh yeah, I know more about life and what to expect out of life.  God's help has a tremendous impact on me.  I thank Him everyday for blessing me with wisdom to figure out issues.  I guess what I've learned is that I can't change everything.  I can't change everyone either.  All I can do is respect what's given to me and accept what I have.  God's grace is sufficient for me.  Change what you can, accept what you can't, and know the difference.  Anyway, I'm blessed everyday by what God has taught me.  I guess the advice I'd give you as you get older is to never stop learning.  Enjoy understanding what other people are about.  You don't have to agree with it, but try to see their reasons for doing what they do.  Don't blindly join the in crowd just to be popular.  Also, don't be so quick to align with a cause simply because a political party or television network signs off on it.  You study it, figure out what it means, then make your decision.  Wisdom is a gift from God.  Roll with it.  Never forget your friends.  God gives you a friend for a reason.  I made some complaints about the "Friend Zone."  However I've had an epiphany.  Be honored that you are in the Friend Zone.  It just means that you have attractive friends.  Trust me, most of my friends are uglier than me.  It's good to look across the table and see someone worth looking at.  That's all a joke, I only surround myself with good looking people.  Be a good friend to people too.  Support them in everything.  Even if you don't agree, wish them well and have their back.  Pray for your friends.  Tell God how much your friends mean to you.  Tell your friends how much they mean to you.  I think I'll do that now.

To all my friends.  You all have been an awesome influence in my life.  Your love, support, friendship, trust, and encouragement brings me great joy.  I don't deserve any of you.  I love you all.

Okay that was good.  Anyway, appreciate what you have.  Thank God that you're not in a much worse situation than you're in.  If you're reading this from a telephone or one of those tablets, you're richer than most people.  Just saying.  I'm so thankful for what God has taught me in my life.

Hooray for wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment