Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Skate Party

This next birthday story takes me back to 1988.  I had just turned 8 years old.  My mom decided that she would have a skate party for me.  Now up until then, I'd only been skating once.  It was someone else's birthday party.  I wanted a skate party, too.  So my mom planned a skate party for me.  She asked me all the names of my school friends.  We then made invitations for everyone.  A healthy amount of my classmates made it.  It was quite fun.  I got better at skating.  The music was pretty cool.  Note to self and anyone else, do not try to do the Kid-N-Play move with roller skates.  Scary results...  Anyway, I was so happy that my mom went through all that trouble to make my 8th birthday so awesome.  That birthday taught me that my mom would do anything within her capabilities to make my life happier.  My mother is way too important to me.  I am blessed beyond all belief to have my mother.  No offense to anyone who is a mother, has a mother, or is planning on being a mother, but my mom is the best mom ever.  I know a few really really good moms, but mine is the greatest.  Everyday I'm thankful for all my mom has done for me from birth through my upcoming 29th year and 36th month of existence celebration.  My mother is an amazing person.  I'm blessed to have her.


On a bit of a side note, I was blessed to finally be able to get a car.  I can't possibly fathom the thankfulness I have to God and friends for their continued prayers, support, and help in my finally getting a vehicle.  It's a nice vehicle.  I can finally take myself wherever I need to go.  It's a blessing I will never ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment