Monday, May 7, 2012

What are we asking for?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a glutton for punishment.  We always talk about how we should ask the Lord for patience or strength or something.  However, do we really know what we're asking for?  I just think we tend to ask without really thinking.  When we ask for patience from God, I have a feeling God just kind of giggles because He knows exactly what we're asking for, even if we don't.  I think when we ask for patience, God just gives us opportunity to be patient.  I think when we beg for God to give us strength, He gives us chances to be stronger.  I think when we ask God for wisdom, He shows us ways to be wise in tough situations.

I think we should ask God to be our patience instead of Him just giving it to us.  I think we should ask God to be our strength instead of just giving us strength.  When Samson had God's strength, bad things happened.  If God is our strength, we can't go wrong because God is truly in control.  I went through a rough day today, and I feel like God was giving me chances to show patience.  I would have to say that I passed pretty well.  Mostly because I didn't swear at anyone or throw anyone through a window.

God is so good.  He gives us way more than we deserve.  It's funny when people claim that "God won't give you more than you can handle" even though they always complain about how they can't handle this or that.  The truth is God doesn't give you anything you can or can't handle.  God just lets opportunities come about for you. If you try to handle it by yourself, you'll fail miserably.  However, if you let God be your strength or patience, you will always come out on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment