Friday, May 11, 2012

Music Friday



So, yes.  I was wondering what song to post for this week.  However it was pretty clear when The Vibe played this song like 11 times this week.  This song takes me back to when I was in the 3rd grade.  I remember three things.

1) Dude, New Edition is gonna suck without him.  I was mildly wrong.  They were still good, just turned into more of a soulful R&B group with Bobby's replacement, Johnny Gill.

2) That Bobby Brown dance is ridiculously hard to do.  It was at my age then.  It's harder to do at my age now.

3)  I so want a "Gumby" haircut.  My mother refused to let me have one.  She wouldn't let me have any type of fade haircut growing up.  I do remember one time my mom cutting my hair trying to make it look cool.  She put a 4 inch line down the right side of my head.  It was hideous.  Add that to the missing teeth and bo bo shoes, I'm surprised I don't have a complex.

Life was crazy for me in elementary school.  Never had the name brand shoes, cool haircut, or stylish clothing.  I didn't really care, honestly.  My babysitter's teenage daughter mocked me for my lack of style compared to a rapper.  I told her, "I'm 7, I don't have a rap contract, and no one really cares.  If I can go a day without peeing my pants or seeing a clown, I'm good."  The fact that there are people who pick on people because of their choices of clothing is sad.  Except Tapout shirts, but that's mostly because the guys that wear them are complete toolbags.  Truth be told, clothing doesn't make the person.  The inside does.  Bobby Brown had some cool style, but look where he is today.

Look, if you are being picked on because you don't have those stylish clothes that the cool kids have, don't flip out.  Just remember that their parents are spending all their money on clothes and shoes instead of heating bills.


No comments:

Post a Comment