Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mine Is Better Than Yours

I was thinking about how cliche it would be for me to post a standard issue Mothers' Day blog.  Then I thought about how awesome my mom is compared to everyone else's.  It's nothing against your moms.  In fact, I'd venture to say that most of you reading this have a pretty awesome mom.  I've met a few of your moms, they're great.  However, mine is the best.  My mom is super supportive of me.  She always tells me how proud of me she is, even when I'm an idiot.  Actually, I'm never really an idiot, so basically, I get affirmation all the time.  I love her daily texts to me.  However I need to let her know when I have days off so she doesn't text me while I'm attempting to sleep in.  My mom is a great mom.  If you're actually looking for an example of how to be an awesome mom, just ask me and I'll tell you about my mom's ways.

Before you get all up in arms about how I'm being arrogant about how great my mom is, let me ask you a question.  Does your mom belly dance?  That's what I thought.  Okay, that wasn't fair.  Most moms don't belly dance.  However my mom beat cancer, by the grace of God.  Yes, other mothers have beaten cancer, but considering she's my mom, I'll say my mom is the best fighter in the world.

It's kind of hard being away from my mom.  However I also know that I'm exactly where God would like me to be.  I sacrificed a lot to be where I am today, however I know that my mom instilled in me a work ethic and a faith in Christ that is unshakable.  Thanks mom for being my hero.

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers out there.  You are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment