Saturday, May 5, 2012

Challenger Baseball

Today, I got the honor and privilege of taking my fella to the opening ceremonies of Challenger Baseball.  For those not familiar, it's a program for kids with disabilities to play baseball on a team.  They get jerseys, hats, and a chance to play one of the best games in the world.  It was awesome to see all the kids playing hard and just having fun.  They finally get to be included in things.

Inclusion is so important when you're a kid.  It's even more important for kids with disabilities to be included in things.  It's so frustrating when I see people completely ignore those who need the most help.  It seems like people that need the most help get shoved under the rug in favor of higher test scores or a slightly more peaceful classroom or home.  For shame, I say.  Things like the Challenger Baseball League are what life should be about.  It's beautiful to watch.

I challenge everyone to go to a game.  Go to this site right here to learn more about it.  If you live in the Roanoke area, get at me.  I'll be taking my fella to his games, so I'll keep you updated on Roanoke area games.  I guarantee that you will love it.

I want to say thank you to all those who gave me support today.  Today is my late father's birthday.  I know this is a big drinking holiday, however this day has a little more significance than Tequila and being inebriated before dinner to me.  It's a day where I often think about what Daddy is thinking about me.  Some of you have said some wonderful things about how he may have taught me well and is smiling down on me, but truth be told, I kind of want to hear it from him.  Take that how you want, but I miss Daddy a lot.  Particularly now that I'm older and in that whole manhood stage.  I have a feeling he'd have been a really good resource for help in growing up and probably dating.  He did land my mom, and she's the greatest woman I know. Point being, thanks for the support.  Thanks for the awesome love you guys show my blog.


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. And I am certain your dad is very proud of you and your sister. Thank you T.J. I love you.

    ReplyDelete