Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm Sick of Twitter

If there is one thing I hate more than anything, it's Twitter.  It seems like everything is based around Twitter nowadays.  Basically, it's some way to share whatever is on your mind, or on your dinner plate, in 140 characters or less.  Wait, what?  How can anyone say anything of significance and importance in 140 characters or less?

Allow me to quote Gin Rummy from The Boondocks, "Nothing typed by someone's thumbs has ever been important."

Now I'm all about texting because it's easier than calling people.  However when news outlets are quoting Twitter for their breaking news, it's time to rethink journalism.  People are getting into fist fights over things said on Twitter.  It's really a shame.  If some contest is happening that involves me having to send a "tweet" to enter it, no thanks.  I don't care if my odds of winning are astronomically in my favor, I shall not use Twitter.  I don't care how popular and famous someone is, if I want to know what happened to them, I'll go to the only source I can count on...National Enquirer.

Twitter became famous when Erykah Badu used it to update fans on the birth of her child.  I hate that woman because she wrote that song "Tyrone."  Do you know how obnoxious it is for me to hear, "Hey, have you ever heard that song, 'You betta call, Ty..."  I cut them off and tell them never sing that song in my presence.  So she got the Twitter craze going, and ruined music for me.

Thanks Erykah.  Appreciate it.



1 comment:

  1. haha! yea twitter is pretty dumb (shh, you didn't hear it from me!) but i finally said, i can't beat em so i'll join em...btw, I'm having a 100+ Follower Urban Decay Giveaway! I hope you enter :)

    ReplyDelete