Thursday, May 3, 2012

This Could Get Me In Trouble

What I am about to talk about could offend some people.  I am prepared for that.  I will apologize in advance if you're upset.  However I will not apologize for my opinion.  My opinion is mine, and I will never shy away from it.

By now, you probably have heard the tragic news that NFL linebacker, Junior Seau died this week.  Now the initial reports say that Seau died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.  Some say that the chest shot was to preserve his brain for research.  It's a sad story that the life of a man like Junior Seau ended so early and so tragically.  However I have some things to say about this.

Suicide is a terrible thing.  Suicide is a horrible last resort for anyone.  It basically says, "I give up.  There is nothing left for me to do and nowhere for me to go."  For anyone that goes through suicide in their circle, I feel horrible for.  They lost someone that could have come to them for help.  However, I'm not going there yet.

I have a real problem with suicide.  I know it's a highly touchy subject, but it has to be addressed.  I have an issue with people who commit and attempt suicide.  I find suicide to be a desperate, but selfish act.  I just don't understand how someone could end their life just because things are tough.  Yes I understand that some lives are tougher than others.  I understand that people hurt a lot.  However, I've never understood how a person could just decide to selfishly hurt everyone else in the name of ending their own pain.  To disperse all the pain they're going through to everyone else, I can't wrap my brain around it.

Maybe I'm being a tad insensitive.  Actually, no I'm not.  I've seen the pain of a suicide to others.  Nothing is solved, if you ask me.  For someone to look at their friends, family, and even God and say, "they're not good enough to help me through the stuff I'm going through" is pretty horrible.  People who spend all their lives loving them and taking care of them aren't good enough to carry them through that terrible trial.

Like I said, I don't think I'm being insensitive.  For someone to end their life and hurt people around them, that's insensitive if you ask me.  If you are going through some horrible trials.  I mean, horrible enough that ending your life is the only way out of it...I suggest going to counseling.  I suggest calling a friend.  I suggest getting a hold of your family.  If your family is the cause of the pain, I wouldn't go to them.  However, please please please find someone to help you through this.  Do not take the coward's way out and end your life.  You can talk to me...even though I sometimes lack tact, I care.  Don't end your life.  You're important.  God cares for you.  Don't transfer the pain you're going through to those who truly care for you by committing suicide.




2 comments:

  1. Suicide :A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tyrone...Very well said.

    ReplyDelete