Thursday, May 10, 2012

Be Mindful...

I've noticed that there are a lot of people taking stands on different subjects.  You know, I don't really have a problem with people taking stands.  In fact, I'm all for people standing up for what they believe in.  I think there are far too many people that just follow along for the sake of following along.  However there is an issue with taking stands.  It seems that at times, the people that are taking the stands aren't living the way that reflects their stands.

I think my biggest issue is hypocrisy.  Look, I want to say that I'm not claiming perfection.  Far from it, actually.  However I just wish that those who tend to stand up for things be accountable and real.  I feel like there are proponents and opponents alike of particular causes that don't really live like the causes they stand for.  I don't know if I want to get into specifics.  In fact, if you want specifics, you can just get at me privately.  My point is, if you're going to be against something, you had better make sure your house is in order.  You had better make sure that your life is worth the scrutiny that will come from being so outspoken about this or that.

For example, if you're all about family values and morals, you'd better be living a truly moral lifestyle.  If you're about equal rights, you had better be okay with people who aren't just like you having an opinion that may differ from yours.  My point being, walk your talk.  Again, not claiming perfection.  I'm far from perfect.  However I try to be who I say I am.  I try to be what the Good Lord wants me to be.

This isn't very long, mostly because I'm exhausted.  However, I just know that there is way too much hypocrisy from all sides of life, present company included sometimes.  If you're going to fight for something, that something had better be a part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment