Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hectic Hump Day

It's another week of original thoughts and opinions.  Enjoy.

1.  North Carolina voted overwhelmingly to ban same sex marriages.  Whatever you think of same sex marriages, I have a bigger issue with some of the other crimes that are happening in this country.  When a woman who was being abused and had her life threatened multiple times by her ex-husband gets arrested and is facing 20 years for shooting the ceiling of her own house, I kind of lose concern for issues like who marries who.  I know that sounds heartless, but there are much more pressing issues to be concerned about.  We should be worried about the single moms working multiple jobs just to keep their lights on.  We should be worried about 8, 9, and 10 year old boys joining gangs because their fathers aren't around.

2.  I took my fella to a church group run by Young Life called Capernaum tonight.  I have to say that they do it right.  If you live in the Roanoke area, I truly suggest you check this ministry out.

3.  Space Jam is an awesome movie.  It just crossed my mind to say that out loud.

4.  Anyone remember when Cartoon Network was nothing but cartoons?

5.  I'm pretty happy that Vibe 100 changed their name to The Vibe.  When you have 100.1 and 97.7 as your channel number, the 100 seems a bit obsolete.  If you're a fan of Neo-Soul, R&B, and classic music, program that channel.  They even have some Gospel.

6.  Words with Friends is getting brutal.  I'm getting some ill will from some peeps.

7.  I honestly don't mind working a little harder to get the job done.  I just don't like working a little harder because others don't want to work at all.  Now I know what a Republican is thinking all the time.

8.  Speaking of, I'm tired of politics.  I'm tired of the two party system.  I'm tired of hearing people say that "Obama must be stopped."  He's not an evil villain in a comic book, he's the president.  Use some class.  Oh, and all the name calling of our elected officials is disrespectful.  It's terrible.  What happened to respect for other people.  Can't claim Christ's love if you're going to go that route.

That's all I got this week.  If you have any comments or thoughts, get at me.

1 comment:

  1. T.J. number 7 should be on a Whitman sampler. I love it. Truer words were never spoken.

    ReplyDelete