Saturday, April 14, 2012

What does it mean to you?

I've noticed in life that a lot of people gravitate to a lot of different things.  It always baffles me why people do that.  Although I shouldn't be baffled, I find myself being perplexed over people's idiosyncrasies.  I ask myself why I spend the time I spend doing this blog.  A handful of my friends and family read it consistently.  A few of my friends will share it when I strike a nerve that should be struck.  Although the Facebook page is successful, the actual number of people who subscribe to it can be counted on one hand.

So why do it?  Well it's simple.  I want to do it.  I feel I need to do it.  It's my way of venting personal frustrations.  It's my way of sharing my life with people who don't particularly ask.  I find this blog to be highly therapeutic.  God gave me the mind to do it, the Constitution gives me the right to do it, and my friends and family gave me confidence to do it.  I feel as if I'd be wasting this life if I didn't blog.

I wonder how many of you have held back from doing something you know you should do because you're scared of what the result could be.  I'm not talking about something illegal or just mindless.  I'm talking about something as simple as taking that trip.  Maybe there's someone in your life you want to be more than friends with.  There could possibly be a job or opportunity in life that you know you ought to take, however you're freaked out.  Don't be.  Stand up and jump for it.  This blog is my way of doing something I've always wanted to do.  Be free.  It's okay to fail, just get up and try again.

I'd post more, but I'm exhausted.  Have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading your blogs and really look forward to them. How can I get more of my friends to read it?

    ReplyDelete