Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Take a Second

I was doing training for my new part time job.  By the way, I started it tonight and it was very cool.  One of the tasks we had during training was to write down our morning routine.  We were asked to take a marker and just write down everything we do from the time we wake up in the morning.  After we finished, we looked at the other person's routine.  What the lesson was trying to teach us was that we should try to think about how life would be like if we had to completely change our routines.  Particularly, a change taking place when you've lived your entire life doing your routine one way.

I tend to be pretty empathetic to other people's issues.  I always seem to have a grasp on what people are going through.  At the very least, I try to stay compassionate.  However that lesson taught me to be thankful for what I have.  We should be truly thankful for the fact that we don't have to depend on people for our routines.  In an instant, we can be trapped in a world where we have to give up basic tasks because we're not as capable as before.

I think you who are reading this should try that.  Write down your routines.  Then share your routine with someone else.  See what happens when you see how other people do things.  We should try that for everything.  I mean let's look at the people who are different than us and try to figure out why they're different.  Let's try to be more respectful of others and figure out why they are who they are before we condemn them.  It only helps everyone.  Imagine if George Zimmerman did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment