Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hectic Hump Day

I finally found a title and a day to do my random musings.  Hectic Hump Day will be the day I share my list of thoughts and musings.  Enjoy.

1.  Prayer is a beautiful thing.  Nothing of spiritual significance can be accomplished apart from prayer.  Dr. Jerry Falwell said that.

2.  Speaking of prayer, tonight we had a prayer service at my church.  It was awesome.  I try to pray as often as I can, but sometimes I just miss golden opportunities.  Well, no more of that.  I'm going to work hard at always coming to God for any and everything that crosses my mind.

3.  I'm having a hard time hearing about conservatives who are "tired" of hearing about the Trayvon Martin case.  Now, I've always thought conservatives were people who cared about being good to others and sharing family values.  However, knowing that someone was mistreated and abused should offend all people.  I'm also baffled that these same conservatives who can't take all this Trayvon talk after less than 40 days are still crying about Natalie Holloway, Jon Benet Ramsay, and are even trying to create a search party for Amelia Earhart.  Priorities, people.

4.  Ric Flair is now pushing some energy drink.  Sad to see one of my heroes become a pusher of products. If only he was smarter with his cash.

5.  Spring Break is coming, and I won't get to enjoy it because I'll be training and getting shots and stuff.  It's okay though.

6.  Sometimes I have to laugh at situations.  Some people do some silly things, and I can't help but giggle at them.  I guess it's better to giggle than call them idiots.

7.  I honestly don't think there's a war on women.  I think there's a bigger war on Christians.  It seems like Christianity is the only religion that gets pushed to the side while others are brought in.  A lot of it lies on Christians being apathetic and not taking a stand like they ought to.  It seems like there is a bigger war on anyone without the money to persuade politicians to do things.  I hate social war, where is the love?

8.  Apparently Arizona wants to stop harmless ribbing on the Internet with a law to call any kind of horsing around a misdemeanor or even a felony.  Same state that tells police it's okay to look a Hispanic looking person and check for their papers with no reasons wants to now tell the Internet how to behave.  Silly Arizona.

9.  Augusta National Country Club, the place that hosts The Masters Golf Tournament, has a dilemma on its hands.  They have a tradition of giving the CEOs of the sponsoring companies a membership.  One of those sponsors is IBM.  Their CEO is a woman.  Women have NEVER been invited to join the club.  What to do, what to do.  I'll tell you what you do, whatever you want.  Look, not allowing women into your elite little club is chauvinistic, archaic, and downright barbaric.  However it's also your right.  You're private, so whatever.  We can't keep telling private places how to handle things that we don't like.  If I don't want three-legged Irish vacuum salesmen in my house, that's my right.  If they don't want women, that's their right.  I will always think you're stupid, but I'll always defend your right to be stupid.

That's about all for today.  If you want me to expound on one of these topics, get at me.

1 comment: