Friday, April 13, 2012

Music Friday

So today is Music Friday.  This is the day I share with you one of my favorite songs.  I have a very sporadic and eclectic list of favorite songs.  Today's song is a bit out of my character, I guess.



Yeah I'm not really a huge fan of country music.  I can probably count on two hands the number of country songs I can tolerate.  However, this song never gets old.  I heard it today for the first time in a while when I was working with my fella at the new part time job.  By the way, if I ever use "my fella", I'm talking about the young man I work with at the new job.  I should blog about that.  My fella loves country music.  I actually had to program my car radio so he could have country playing in the car.  Sorry, Q-99 you lost your spot in the rotation.

This song is a lot like my life.  I honestly have little to no social graces.  Not because I don't know how to behave, I just have too honest of a mouth at times.  It can get me in trouble at times.  This song is about a guy who basically upset the classy people with his individuality.  We all should have that luxury.  We all should be individuals.  We shouldn't conform to the bourgeoisie.  I hate how people are worried about what others think about them.  Yes we should be respectful of others and try not to ruin other people's day.  However, we should always avoid being scared to be ourselves.  Sometimes it's bullies, sometimes it's just a crippling fear of being looked at awkwardly.  Whatever the case may be, don't let others define you.  You do you.  You be who you are, trust me, God loves you that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment