Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm Doing It Right

So today at work we had our evaluations.  You basically get told how you're doing at your job and if you're meeting or exceeding expectations.  I won't go into details, but I was happy with how I was evaluated.  However the one thing that I took away from the meeting was the principal telling me how happy she was that I'm well liked among the staff.  Most notably, how they are happy I've acclimated myself to the school and not just the program I work in.  That means so much to me.

I get a huge smile on my face when I hear that I'm well liked.  God challenges us everyday to love each other as He loves us.  Sometimes, it's hard to do because some people are hard to love.  However when others tell you that you're well liked, it does something to you.  It lets you know that you're doing something right in the place you are.  You're being the light on the hill that God tells us to be in His word.  I'm happy about that.

Today is Maundy Thursday.  If you're not familiar with the term, it's basically the day Jesus told His disciples, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

This is exactly what I strive to do.  I strive everyday to love everyone as best I can.  Sometimes I fail miserably, but when others acknowledge that I'm doing it right, it brings a sense of joy to my heart.  

I wish more Christians would show love to others.  I see so many Christians forgetting how to do basic Christian principles like loving one another.  They keep pushing their own agendas and egos instead of truly doing God's will.  I see groups like Westboro Baptist Church completely tarnishing Christ's name with their hateful rhetoric.  Loving one another isn't hard to do for the most part.  Just be good to people.  Share your world with others.  Make people smile and feel better having had a chance to talk to you.  My wish is that more people, Christians in particular, loved everyone correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment