Friday, April 6, 2012

Music Friday

Today is Good Friday.  It's the day we recognize the death of Jesus Christ.  It wasn't just a death though, it was a sacrifice.  Jesus Christ could have called a million angels to rescue Him at any time.  He could have spoke death upon all His accusers without a second thought.  However He loved us so much that He allowed it all to happen so He could save us.  It's a pretty awesome thought.  Today's song is a song I shared with my best friend when she was going through some tough times.  I think everyone can relate to this song.



This song is such a blessing to me.  It tells me that even though things hurt, stink, and just have a tendency to go awfully wrong, God is there.  We should smile through the pain.  I'm not saying don't cry.  Crying is a wonderful way to get out emotions.  However when you have Christ in your life, you have a joy and peace that surpasses all understanding.  People question you when they see your joy.  Kirk's message is quite simple, keep your head up.

This song also tells us that we can bring joy to others with our smile.  Christians have a duty to bring joy to the whole world.  The world is full of sad days at times, and it needs a pick-me-up.  Nothing better than a good smile to make everyone happy again.  Bring joy to others.

I'm certainly smiling because God's sacrifice has given me the opportunity to be in a great church.  It's given me a chance to share my love for educating kids who may not have as much of a chance as their peers.  It's given me the chance to make some incredible friends.  It's given me the chance to share this blog with so many people.  I couldn't possibly be happier than where I am right now.  And for all that I thank Jesus, and smile.

Oh, and that's not George Carlin in the opening clips...I asked myself that when I first saw the video, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment