Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Week

Over the last seven days of my life, I'd have to say that this was the most eventful week I've had.  I worked hard at my new job.  I enjoyed some fun times with some close friends.  I got to see a play at the theater.  I crossed paths with some people without incident.  I even got to see some awesome kids do the Special Olympics.  Overall I'd probably rate this week a 7.  It'd have been better if some thing went completely my way.

Sometimes, you need a week with every emotion in the spectrum.  I think having a great week can set you up for a huge letdown.  I think having an awful week can ruin your mood and make you a miserable cuss to be around.  Just having a week where you go from here to there makes you realize a) you're blessed and b) you're not as awesome as you think you are.  I know so many people who think that they are entitled to the perfect day, every day, for the rest of their lives.  It's not the way it goes.  Perfection is something that can only be obtained once we're in Heaven with our Lord.

The main thing that happened this week that showed me how much I grew as a person was my encounter with someone from my past.  I won't go into too much detail, but this person was very hurtful to a healthy amount of people.  I was worried that I would lose my testimony by responding in a not-so-Christian way.  I'm thankful that I had the support of good friends to tell me that I'm better than that and that I shouldn't respond.  Not responding goes against everything I believe in, truth be told.  I have to say something when someone does something to me.  It's a bad habit I have.  It's something I'm working on everyday.  No one would have blamed me if I did it, but I didn't.  For that, I'm proud of myself.

I'm going to try to be a tad more diplomatic with how I respond to things.  Keep the sarcasm to myself is the best way I can do that.  However, I have to say that it's easier said than done.  People say some really stupid things sometimes.  People do even dumber things than they say.  It's like people's brains know I'm coming and instantly flip to "Annoy Tyrone Mode."  It's really not right.  My somewhat deal with myself and the rest of the planet is to slowly ween myself off of saying the first thing that comes to my mind.  I'll do the method that we taught my fella that I work with when it comes staring at girls.  Look for two seconds, turn away and count to ten.

Come to think of it, I ought to use that for the ladies as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment