Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Little Nervous

Now, I've never claimed to be the brightest guy in the world...wait, yes I have.  I do it everyday.  I've never claimed to be the bravest toaster in the appliance department.  However I'm smart enough to know when not to do something.  I was having a texting conversation with a friend of mine.  It was going quite nicely until I had to leave where I was.  That means I had to get into my car and drive.  Now, common sense would tell you that when you're having a texting conversation that gets interrupted by a drive, it's best to continue that conversation on the actual phone.  That means calling and talking.  Well apparently, my friend couldn't talk at the same time I couldn't text.  Said friend asked today what I was wanting to talk about last night.  I told her that it was just me calling because I was driving a car.  My other friend, who should have had my best interest at heart since she's known me long enough, said, "he doesn't text and drive at the same time."  

Now unless I'm kind of out of it, isn't it illegal to be texting and driving at the same time?  Isn't it dangerous to pay attention to a text on the phone while driving a 2 ton death machine?  She said it like I'm some sort of weirdo.  I'm not a weirdo, I just don't want to die before my time.  Look, if you're one of those people that think that a text message is more important than other drivers' safety...do me a favor and call me first.  That way I don't have to be on the road when you're swerving from left to right and back again because you have to push the 4 key just to finish OMG.  

What happened to this planet?  I remember when people were somewhat safer about their lives. What happened to common sense?  Looney Tunes never had a warning message to not do stuff at home, because the people had enough common sense to not try to slingshot themselves across a canyon to catch a bird.  People should have enough brain power to know that looking down at a cellular phone and texting while driving is really stupid.  It's not skills, it's ignorance.  

I may have offended some people with this particular blog...

okay.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not offended but then again I'm not an idiot ;)

    ReplyDelete