Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

I'm kind of annoyed.  I have an issue with today.  Seems like a lot of people are celebrating St. Patrick's Day the same way they celebrate Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Independence Day.  They basically drink as much as humanly possible, then brag about how hungover and messed up they are the next day.  It's really kind of obnoxious.  I know a lot of my readers drink, and that doesn't really bother me.  However I do have a huge issue with being proud of irresponsibility.

What happened to people nowadays?  Back in the day, people tried to be a little less blatant in their behaviors.  I've never understood getting completely trashed.  You complain about how hard you work.  You complain about being exhausted, overworked, and underpaid.  Then you waste all your money getting hammered.  Then you come to work that Monday complaining about how exhausting your weekend was.  Well, you big dummy, if you showed a bit of moderation, you wouldn't be looking at your chicken wings come back to you.

Yes I know I sound judgmental and harsh, but this is common sense.  I'm not even trying to get biblical on this. I'm just saying, look...there are things that you should know.  You should have a bit of an idea about cause and effect.  If I drink Hulk Hogan's body weight in beer in 3 hours, I'm going to look like Hulk Hogan beat me up tomorrow.

I'm not going to tell you not to drink liquor.  Fact is, my Facebook feed already has enough pictures of green beer and jello shots to make that Coyote Ugly bar look like a daycare center.  I'm just begging my friends and family to be smart.  Don't drink and drive.  Have a designated driver plan in place.  Don't get into trouble for the sake of a good time.

And I'm still begging people to research St. Patrick and the reason for the holiday.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment