Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blessings From God

I want to share a couple of awesome things happening.  The first blessing will be shared via an email I received today.

All I can say is, "Wow!"

You turned your outrage into action.

Yesterday evening, the Justice Department announced that it will launch an investigation into the killing of Trayvon Martin. As reported by CNN,
Justice Department spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said the following in a written statement Monday:

"The department will conduct a thorough and independent review of all of the evidence and take appropriate action at the conclusion of the investigation... The department also is providing assistance to and cooperating with the state officials in their investigation into the incident."

Thanks to your quick and decisive action, Trayvon Martin's murder will finally receive the proper investigation it has long deserved. Questions will hopefully be answered. And now, with the involvement of the Justice Department, the FBI, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, we can only hope that justice for Trayvon will be served.


That was an email from Maria Roach.  She started the petition for justice for Trayvon Martin.  He was the young man from the last blog that was brutally murdered by a cold-blooded, evil man with no remorse or respect for anyone or anything that doesn't look like him.  I have to say that I believe that my blog helped in a small way.  There were over 60 page views of that blog just yesterday, the highest total ever.  Thank you all for your support and loyalty to my blog.  I don't deserve it.


The second blessing is more personal to me.  I tend to have idle hands at time.  They say idle hands are the devil's plaything.  I decided that I would try to pursue a second job.  I applied for a position at an in-home service provider.  I must say that the interview went way better than I thought.  I was thinking that this was going to be an interview asking about what I can and can't do.  It turned into a talk about some people that they already had in mind for me to work with.  I'm absolutely blessed to already be ahead of most in the interview process.  I can only thank God for this.  God has been too good to me.  I honestly don't deserve it.  Trust me, I know.  


God will bless anyone if they ask Him to do it.  You'd be surprised to know that God blesses everyone.  Considering the fact that you're not where you should be, yeah I'd say you're blessed.  If you're reading this from a computer, laptop, or Heavens to Betsy...a PHONE, you're blessed.  So stop whining about being in some percentage or being held down by the man.  You have more than most.  Get over yourself.  I know this is kind of mean, but it's the truth.  The people that complain all the time about how the rich keep getting richer and poor keep getting poorer...they usually are the ones not willing to get ONE job, much less a second like me.  I'm not trying to be all high and mighty.  The fact that I'm trying to get a second job, and I actively donate plasma should tell you that high, nor mighty are in my list of attributes.  It's the same gumption and stick-to-it-tiveness that made the one percent so rich today.  Maybe I won't be a multi-gazillionaire with enough money to buy the entire inventory of Aeropostale.  Do they still have Aeropostale?  I have like four shirts by them...but I'm the only one who wears them.  Weird.  Anyway, my point is that if you want to be successful, do successful things.  Stop whining and complaining.  The Bible doesn't say "God helps those who helps themselves."  However, God does want you to show a little effort.  He'll hook you up.  He hooked me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment