Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Buffets

Today, our class had a field trip.  I have to say thank you to the Vinton Police and Fire Departments for being so hospitable to our class today.  It's good to see how to do community service right, unlike Sanford, Florida.  Yes, I said it.  After we hung out at the stations, we went to Cici's Pizza for lunch.  Let me tell you about pizza, it's delicious.  Let me tell you something else about pizza, it is addictive.  It's almost shameful how we get so crazy around pizza.  However it gets worse for us, Cici's has a buffet.

Now we all know how we get when we see a buffet.  I remember growing up, my mom would take us to Old Country Buffet when I was younger.  Mom would tell me that I had better eat $8.36 worth of food before I'm full.  So combine one of the greatest foods ever created in pizza with the novelty of the all-you-can-eat buffet concept, it's a bad mixture.

Buffets are horrible overall.  They get you all excited because you can gorge like a hog, and no one will judge you.  Mostly because they're on their fifth trip themselves.  Cici's will even cook to order the pizza you want the most.  These buffets can ruin you.  Especially if you're on a diet of some sort, you're doomed.  I suggest not ever going into Cici's if you're on a diet.

I've lost weight due to my giving up soda for Lent.  I think I gained it all back at Cici's today.  I couldn't help it though.  The Buffalo Chicken Pizza is addictive.  I know I should have eaten a salad to start, but I'm Tyrone.  The only salad I eat is the pickles that come in my burger.  And yes, I still lost weight.  I actually ate 9 slices of pizza.  That's insane.  Not as insane as children 1/3 my age eating over 10 slices plus breadsticks and desserts, but insane nonetheless.

Buffets could be the reason our country isn't the healthiest in the world.  The concept is deadly.  Especially if you do it all the time like some folks.  I just say that it's okay to have a little slip up and go nuts.  Just don't make it a habit.  Also, after you do it, get a workout.  Take a walk.  Chase a child around a playground to keep them from escaping.  Not that that ever happens.


1 comment:

  1. I loved the way you would eat your meals, you had a specific order, finish off with chocolate milk and you were done and ready to go. And so should everyone else be. Miss those days and Old Country. And you too.

    ReplyDelete