Monday, March 19, 2012

Injustice Personified

I'm not sure how many of you have heard this news story, but I think you all need to sit down for this one.  On February 26, a young man named Trayvon Martin was tragically killed walking home from the store.  I'm sure you're thinking, "oh no, tragic."  However that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Here's the kicker.

Trayvon lives in a gated community.  He was walking home from the store when the neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, saw him walking through the neighborhood and immediately called 911.  He claimed that a "suspicious looking individual" was walking through the neighborhood.  I'm going to post a link from the Huffington Post website that has not only Zimmerman's call, but other calls from the neighborhood.  You have to scroll down to the 8 media players to get to the calls.  After you listen, I'll share with you my thoughts.  I must warn you that there is some strong language on the tapes.  However, since it's raw emotion being conveyed, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Trayvon Martin 911 Calls

This sickens me to no end.  Let's break it down in simple terms.  White man sees black kid walking in nice neighborhood and thinks he's a criminal.  The hood on his hoodie was up because it was RAINING.  Most people wear hoods when it rains.  He's black and you automatically assume he's some kind of criminal?  How dare you.

The dispatcher clearly told you NOT to pursue, yet you do it anyway.  Any 17 year old kid being chased by a neighbor would run.  Then for you to call him what you called him in the 911 call, you're showing your ignorance Zimmerman.  I think you're a clown.  You're the worst form of scum on this earth.  The kind of person who looks for defenseless people to harass and bother.  The kind that takes a worthless title like "neighborhood watch captain" and turns it into some badge of honor.  Maybe I should join the Olympic Volleyball team because I was part of my dorm's Intramural Championship team.  Get over yourself.  You're a dork with an axe to grind.

Here's the best part, THIS MAN HAS NOT BEEN ARRESTED!  A man chases a teenage boy with a gun, tackles him, then shoots him.  The boy dies, and not even an arrest?  I may not be too familiar with the ranking system in the police force, but I'm pretty sure neighborhood watch captain is NOT a ranking in the police force.  So my question is, why hasn't he even been arrested?  All those calls said pretty much the same thing.  The boy was BEGGING for his life.  He was pleading for this clown to leave him alone and begging for help from SOMEONE.  It's absolutely shocking that this kind of stuff is going on.  Not only that, but this man is pretty much guilty.  He even admitted to the police that he shot him, yet he hasn't been arrested at all.  This man has a history of intimidating people with his neighborhood watch captaincy power.

I want anyone who is reading this, please sign THIS PETITION to get justice for this boy's family.  I can understand if he was robbing a house or stealing a car, but HE WAS WALKING TO HIS OWN HOME.  I know it's hard to believe, but black people can live in gated communities and live there.  For someone to take justice and the law into their own hands and NOTHING happen to him.  There's something very fishy going on in Florida.  It burns me to no end that this family has gotten nothing.

George Zimmerman, you are scum.  You are worse than scum.  You're trash.  You're a jerk.  You're a sick human being.  To make yourself out to be some pillar of the community because you can chase a defenseless kid with a gun simply because you got a cute raincoat that says "neighborhood watch captain."  HA.  I hope that when you do get arrested, and believe me pal, it will happen, you meet someone who heard your story and you get what's coming to you.  If it doesn't happen, God will certainly punish you for your actions.  You are what Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and other civil rights leaders have been fighting for years to eliminate.

Judging a book by its cover is the simplest sin someone can do.  It takes no effort.  All you have to do is look at someone, think something, and then never try to learn.  You've mastered that Zimmerman.  Way to go.  Now I'm going to judge you by the book you've written for yourself.  You're a clown.  You're a joke.  I hope to God you don't cross in front of the wrong people, because that's your funeral.

 I just wish ALL the news outlets would cover this.  Some of you will be hearing this story for the first time.  It's a shame, because there is a whole other world out there that is full of hatred, stereotyping, and judgment.  Pray for this country.  This country is full of people who will do anything in the name of justice.  People who will take the law into their own hands just to prove a point.  Just to feed their own egos.  Zimmerman is just the latest in a long list of injustices happening to people not just in America, but all over the world.

I normally don't ask this, but I'm begging you all to share this with friends.  Let's get justice for Trayvon and his family.  Let's show this Zimmerman that we will not be silent about his ignorance.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly that was the first time I heard about this. It's tragic and inexcusable that things like this happen in a country that claims to promote freedom and equality. Thanks for sharing--I signed the petition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following this story & my heart is broken for Trayvon's family & friends. I'm pissed that this racist f**k Zimmerman has not been arrested. Self deffense? Against a kid walking home from a store with candy for his brother? This is madness! I'm sick to my stomach at the thought of this guy walking free. Just sick :(

    ReplyDelete