Monday, March 12, 2012

I Am What I Am and That's All That I Am

Popeye has some pretty intelligent philosophy sometimes.  Actually, that's the only thing he's said that makes sense.  It's a wonder Swee'Pea didn't grow up with issues.  If your girl don't know who Popeye and Swee'Pea are, she's too young for you, bro.  That quote means that Popeye basically knew what he was all about, and didn't question it whatsoever.  I'm the same way.  I've given myself a bit of an analysis of what kind of person I am.

I've always referred to myself as "relatively attractive."  People ask, "What does that mean?"  I say, "Whatever I want it to mean."  So here's how I want it to mean.

I've always seen myself as a six.  I'm just a tad above average, but not overwhelmingly studly.  I know I like to call myself hot a lot, but that's just me being kind of sarcastic.  Truth be told, I'm alright looking.  I have pretty eyelashes, and I'm really tall.  I also have those dark, brown, mysterious eyes.  Most black folks do.  I'm in decent looking shape.  Not ripped, but I can take my shirt off at the beach and not have people try to harpoon me.  So there's where I am in my looks department.

Here's where the relative part comes in.  Basically, I'm probably the nicest, funniest, most charming, sweetest, and coolest person I know.  That kind of bumps the attraction a bit.  It makes me more of an eight than a six.  That's where the relative attractiveness comes in.  It basically allows me to go out with girls that would make you wonder how rich I was to pull someone that pretty.  In some circles, it's known as "out-punting your coverage."  I'm basically doing better than I should.  People are attracted to my personality and like me for it.  Nothing wrong with that.

This is an open letter to people:

Please stop being obnoxious.  Stop making yourself out to be better than you are.  You're not.  It seems like lately I've come across a lot of people who think they're better than they are.  They turn their noses up at people.  They pretend that they are next in line to be queen or king of something.  It's kind of annoying.  Actually, it's highly annoying.  Please try to make your personality good.  Especially those who are lower than a six.  Be respectful of those who aren't you.  Take your silly self elsewhere.  You wonder why you're so hot and so single.  It's because you forgot how to be nice to people.  You forgot how to treat people the way you want to be treated.  This is a serious epidemic.  My mom used to call it "smelling your own funk."  Figure out what that means and then stop.

There you go, why I call myself "relatively attractive."  If you find me better than a six, not married, nor related to me, send me an email.  If you know any single females that are a 7 or above (remember, my personality makes me cuter than I am), send them this blog.  Thanks.

Here's a note:  I now have a button.  Go to the right hand side of the blog, scroll down and find button and copy and paste the HTML code.  Also, I posted the button of my friend Aerial.  She has a blog that is pretty good.  I follow it, and I would hope you would, too.  She does beauty tips and random posts about life.  I'm only doing this because she has a huge crush on me, and I'm a man of the people.  You can decide if that's true or not.

Also, there is a list of the most read blogs I've done.  These are the ones that people have shared or read the most.  If you're feeling nostalgic, go back and look at some classics.  Also, don't forget to subscribe so you can get e-mail alerts when a new post comes in.  Thank you all for your support.

1 comment: