Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Selfishness

This could be one of those blogs that alienate me from a community.  However, I really don't care.  There's been a ton of Facebook posts and talk about abortions and women's rights and what not.  Before I start ranting, I will say this.  I have been a firm proponent to allow anyone to do anything they want in life.  No matter how stupid, ignorant, hurtful, and evil it could be.  I will always defend your right to do it.  I am like that because God Himself is like that.  God gives us all freedoms to do whatever we want.  God gives us His rules and His will, what we do with it is up to us.  If I'm allowed to have the freedom to call what you think stupid, you have the freedom to be stupid.  I know that's not the nicest thing to say, but my opinion is mine.

I will say this, I am pretty much against abortion overall.  However I do understand why some women have them.  When the life of the mother is in present danger having the baby, although I will say, "depend on God before you make any decisions," however I will be way more than understanding.  I also understand why women who may have been raped could want an abortion.  However, why can't adoption be a viable option?  Why does the pregnancy and the chance to let the child live have to end completely?  Those are valid questions.  However, I have more questions for a different group of people.

This goes out to those who would consider ending the baby's chances because of the inconvenience.  It seems that most abortions are done because the baby would be an inconvenience to the mother.  How awful is that?  Very is the answer.  I understand that whole "it's your body" thing.  However, it's not just your body you're affecting.  That little baby is being affected too.  I wonder if those who are inconvenienced think that far past their noses.  I always believe that if you do something, you should live with the consequences.  I'm sure there is a certain amount of guilt that comes with terminating a pregnancy.  I guess my real issue isn't really the abortion as much as it is the excuses that some people give for them.  The worst are inconvenience and "it's my body."  It's just annoying that people can be so callous and cold when it comes to children.  Even if the baby is an inconvenience, the least you could do is put the baby up for adoption and let a person who wants a baby to have it.  Give the baby a fighting chance.

I'm not one of those people that believe in blowing up abortion clinics or assaulting doctors who do those things.  That's not my call.  In fact, those people are worse.  Like I said, I just question why people go through with it when it's not a medical issue or an issue of a truly unwanted pregnancy.  Unwanted as in forced into conception by rape, not unwanted as in "whoopsie, didn't want that to happen."  It happened because you weren't responsible.  So don't make the baby suffer, and don't let people who will take the baby off your hands suffer.  We always talk about how we don't honor each other or take care of each other like we should.  Who needs more honor and care than a baby?

These are just questions I have more than anything else.  I'm not picketing or protesting.  Just bringing up some valid points that I think deserves a fair answer.  If this is truly a world where we need understanding, am I allowed to question when I don't understand?


2 comments:

  1. I can agree with you on everything except the putting up the baby, that was a product of rape, for adoption. It's enough that the woman has to live with the fact that this horrible thing happened to her for the rest of her life but to endure 9months (really 10)of the reminder, and then to know you have a child out there in the world that you may have loved if the situation was different, that would be too painful. I don't think I would ever get an abortion unless something horrible like a rape happened to me but if a woman feels that is the choice she needs to make then that is her choice. I only walk in my shoes and could not begin to understand why other people make some of the choices they make.

    ReplyDelete