Friday, June 29, 2012

No Need to Panic

So, I'm sure you're aware that today the Supreme Court upheld ObamaCare.  Actually, it's called the Affordable Care Act.  It's basically an act to get more people health insurance.  I think the thing that's bugging me about this is the overwhelming widespread panic happening because of it.

I want to make one thing clear, I claim no political party. I don't like the two party system, and I don't like politics in general.  I think everything is corrupt and money driven.  I understand that that's how it is, but I don't have to like it.

Now, I want to tell you all something.  The country is not dead.  We're not going to blow up.  The country is not doomed.  Maybe your taxes will go up, but taxes have been an issue for us since the 1700s.  We should be used to taxes we don't like.

 I'm going to look at it from the side of the sick people that haven't been able to get health care until now.  I don't know the end game for this.  I don't know how poor we'll be after all the taxes, but I do know that there will be a lot more people able to get health insurance and care because of the elimination of the pre-existing conditions.  If my mom were to switch jobs when she had her breast cancer, she wouldn't be covered.  I know a lot of young people that can't get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.  From that aspect, I am all for health care reform.

However, if this is truly going to affect my money to the point where I can't be insured, I may be a little more preturbed.  I like how I'm insured as we speak.  My job has a good health plan for me, and I really don't want that affected by some change in the system.  


The point is, trust God.  Let's just try that for a change.  God allows everything to happen for His glory.  Chew on that aspect of life.  Think about how good God has already been to you.  I'm tired of people, particularly God's people losing their minds when a law gets passed.  God gave humans free will to do what they want.  If the government says something, just roll with it.  You don't have to agree with it, and there will be plenty of opportunities to change things with enough movements and rallies and petitions.  Just trust God.  That's how you win the battle you believe you're in.  You trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.


Stop wigging out when something you don't like happens.  Do what you were promised in 2008, change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment