Thursday, June 21, 2012

My People

I have to preface this blog by saying that I love my Lord with all my heart.  I trust Him with my life and my future.  I also love the Lord's people, my fellow Christians.  I love everyone, that's what God commands.  However, I have an issue with my fellow Christians at times.

I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of judgement from my fellow Christians to others.  The thing that really upsets me is that some of the judgement is of fellow Christians.  It is truly bothersome that we are so judgemental of our own.  If our own does anything that may stray from what we think is the right way, instead of coming to them in love, we immediately label them as backsliding.

Look, I'm all about calling a spade a spade.  I'm all about honesty, clarity, and transparency.  However, I feel like we are too quick to judge and find fault.  We always try to find a reason for why people are in the struggles they're in instead of trying to get them out of the struggle.  It's time that we stop finding reasons and start finding solutions.  Yes I agree that there are times where we are to blame for the messes we're in.  However, it's not our job to call people on it as soon as the issue comes up.  The job we have is to help first.  When the adulterous woman was brought to Jesus, it was expected that He would sign off on her persecution.  Instead, He gave free reign to anyone without sin.  Jesus then told her He loved her and told her to sin no more.  Love, care, then tell people what their issue is.  That's how Jesus did it.

I just wish that there was some more unity within our Christians.  It kind of bugs me that we should know better than to tear people down and do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment