Friday, June 1, 2012

Music Friday

It's another chance for me to share some music that I like with the rest of you.  Enjoy...it's good music.



This is what music used to be.  Yes I know that people 20 years younger than me will tell me that that's not music, that something else was music.  My point is, if you wanted to hear good music in the 1990s, you're finding Boyz II Men.  I honestly believe that this is the last great musical group of all time.  I haven't heard one song by that One Direction group, but I refuse to listen to them.

These new groups are all manufactured, Auto-Tuned, and over-hyped.  What happened to groups that knew each other as kids?  Boyz II Men were a bunch of kids from Philly just singing on the stoop.  Now it's producers having tryouts, then sending them into the studio to butcher music.

The worst is that now music stars are being made through television shows.  You throw a bunch of kids into a television studio, make a crappy television show, and then let them play music star in the studio.  The result is a bunch of terrible artists flooding the airwaves.  Bring back good music.  Bring back harmony.  Bring back rhythm.  Bring back some passion in songs.  The closest to that kind of thing in music is that Adele chick.  Her voice is amazing.

The farthest by far is LMFAO.  Can't believe I have friends that really like that mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment