Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Battle

I've kind of noticed something.  There seems to be a bit of an influx a denial of the existence of God.  I've seen more Facebook posts, random photos, and television shows that continue to discredit God as something more than a figment of Christians' imaginations.  I've questioned why that is.

It could be because of the incredibly terrible things that the people of God have done at times.  I think of Westboro Baptist Church and how they continue to disrespect our deceased soldiers with protests during funerals.  I think of many pastors and preachers who preach the Word of God and then do something immoral the next week.  I reflect on the many times I've said, done, or thought something terrible in the day that I praise the Lord.  Look, I'm aware that Christians are a carnal, sinful, and hypocritical people.  I get that.  However, God has already pointed that out about us.  I think people need to stop looking for perfection from Christians and start looking for us for love.

Speaking of love, that's a big reason why we catch a bad rap.  There is way too much love being left in the church and not being spread out to everyone.  Way too many Christians going straight to the rule book and not going to the book of love.  There are times where people just need a helping hand instead of a judging finger.  Way too many Christians see the wrong in people instead of the need.  We need to be willing to help those, no matter the circumstance.  That could really give God the glory He deserves.

The last thing I think that causes people to deny God's existence is Satan himself.  The best way to keep people from accepting the Lord is to tell them that there is no Lord to accept.  Way too many people throw away and dismiss God because it's easier than accepting Him and following Him.  Accepting God means that you kind of have to do what He says.  It means you sort of have to see the wrong you have in yourself and want to improve it.  We live in a society that tells us that we're wonderful no matter what.  It starts when we're babies.  Babies may do something not nice, but we just call it cute.  I remember once when my nephew said a swear word while watching fireworks.  We did a good job of not putting too much attention on it so that it can be dismissed, however many times when a baby says something unsavory, we call it adorable.  I remember that YouTube video of the little girl explaining why she was afraid to go to bed.  In a PG paraphrase, she said that the monster under her bed would kick her behind.  I believe we have too many people stroking egos and not enough people being real with each other.  It's kind of like that big girl who wore the outfit that she had no business wearing.  Her friends probably told her that she looked good knowing darn well that she looked horrible.  I think we have that same mindset of telling people they're great just to spare feelings.

In general, God exists.  He exists because of all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me.  He exists because of all the blessings He's bestowed upon our country.  He has done things in my life that can only be explained as God doing it.  Yes, that also includes taking away my grandmother to keep her from being in too much pain.  Yes, it includes me losing my dad at the age of 6.  Everything is of God.  Everything that happens has a reason and a purpose.  God knows what He's doing in everyone's lives.  Sometimes you have to sit back and wait for the reason.

God is a good God.  He's done good for me.  He can do good for you, even if you don't think He's t

No comments:

Post a Comment