Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Turn Back Tuesday

Today's flashback goes back to July, 2010.  I basically was getting a kick out of reality shows and wanted to show my love for them.

Tyrone's Love of Reality

First thing I noticed about my blog is that I really just rambled.  I could go back and edit it a tad.  Actually I think I will.

Okay, now that that's fixed, let's move on to what I think now.  I think that reality television shows may have fallen off tremendously.  They are even worse than they used to be.  It used to be somewhat watchable.  Now, I can't even watch America's Got Talent anymore.  However, I think that's more because I miss Piers Morgan more than anything.  I do enjoy Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.  Gordon Ramsay is a pretty hilarious guy to watch.  Also liking MasterChef.  I love The Ultimate Fighter, mostly because there isn't a hint of judging bias on the show.  You stay in the running by winning fights.

Reality television to me is sports.  I think sports is the most real of reality television.  You can see raw emotions.  Nothing is fabricated.  Writers aren't there to sully the game.  Referees might, judges will (in boxing), but in the end, it's all about who is better.

It seems like more shows are based on reality than ever before.  Fox keeps churning out weak reality shows.  The Choice?  Lame.  I just didn't like it at all.  Seems like Bachelor and Bachelorette are getting sillier and sillier by the moment.  Everyone is just trying to be just outlandish enough to be the next subject of the show.  American Idol is terrible, still.  It's just getting to the point where there isn't much to watch on television.  I've been getting into On Demand television.  Mostly WWE Classics on Demand.  I love watching old wrestling shows.

Wrestling is the realist of all...well it's still real to me, dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment