Sunday, July 1, 2012

Special Sunday Funday Edition/ 200th Post Extravaganza



I usually don't do this on Sundays, however the occasion presents itself as a perfect opportunity to praise my God and impart some wisdom to all my readers.  Ironically, this is my 200th post.  I wanted to do something pretty awesome for this momentous occasion.  However considering what my weekend was like, I feel it better to do this instead.  

There was a terrible heatwave here in the Roanoke Valley that started Friday.  Temperatures hit up to 104 degrees (that's Farenheit, we'd have died if it were Celcius, and don't get me started on Kelvin).  Anyway, it was miserable.  Thankfully, my fella didn't want to do too much outside.  After that, I went to a friend's house to watch a movie at her backyard.  Well, that was what was supposed to happen.  All of a sudden, a crazy wind storm came along.  I think the technical term is a tempest, and not Vanessa Huxtable.  This was an insane moment.  Tree limbs were flying, winds were howling, and things just went all buck wild.  When it was all over, it was devastating.

One of the worst things that happened was the loss of my church's fireworks tent.  We do that tent to send people out on missions every year.  The tent went all over the Wal-Mart parking lot.  It was a total loss.  News Story on Wind Storm.

The storm knocked out power for a few days.  Some of you readers may still be without power.  We got our power back around 9pm tonight.  I'm extending an invitation that if you need anything, please don't hesitate to get at me.  I can pretty much supply laundry, A/C, and a kitchen to cook in.

I know that I'm pretty appreciative of everything I have in my life.  However electricity is something that is so needed nowadays, it's unreal.  I wouldn't have minded the power outage in the fall or spring, but 100 degree weather with no A/C is taxing on the body.  My roommate suffered much worse than I did.  My heart broke for him.  It taught me that I have a heart.  It taught me that I do care for others like Christ cared for us.  Sometimes I wonder about that, however I'm glad that my faith in Christ to instill love in me hasn't failed.

This is the perfect time to just sit back and thank God for what you have.  Some of you may not believe in God, but you should thank Him anyway since He seems to bless you a lot despite your perpetual attempts to discount Him.  The fact that you're reading this is proof positive that God is there for you.  People need to realize how blessed they are.  I, for one, will never take anything I have for granted again.  My life, my freedom, my basic comforts and luxuries.  They all are a result of God's never ending love for me.

I truly have the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment