Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Top Ten

I'm at a lack of ideas for a top ten.  I really haven't thought about a blog today.  Been running around all day, not sure what to make of things.  People still don't have power in areas within 10 minutes of me.  It's saddening to me.  So today, I'll just list the things I missed the most about power.

10.  Using the bathroom in the light
You really don't realize how much you depend on light until you have to pee at 11pm.  Lot's of cleaning has been done...

9.  Laundry
I don't have my grandma's old washboard from the houseboat.  So I was pretty upset when I was out of towels and washcloths to shower with and nothing to clean myself with.  Thank goodness for friends.

8.  Refrigeration
Luckily the bags of ice I bought for the freezer kept everything cold enough to keep.  Of course it made for a wonderful clean up.

7.  Television
You know, I thought I'd miss television more than I did.  I mean, I love my On Demand channels, however I didn't lose my mind when I missed some TV.  Maybe it's because I didn't see nearly as many Magic Mike ads...

6.  Cooking
I love to cook.  It's pretty apparent considering I have a killer chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I couldn't do my cooking on the stove like I love to do.

5.  Porch Lights
Keys are hard to find in the dark.  Especially when you have to go to the bathroom.  Ever notice how keys won't come out of your pocket when you have to go to the bathroom?

4.  Email
I don't own a smartphone.  I only have a Rumor2.  I can't really look at my email the way I want to on my phone.  Plus, the battery gets pretty low when I do Internet on it.  Thank you car charger.

3.  Air Conditioning
I could not breathe well in the heat.  I didn't mind losing the power as much as I minded being in 104 degree weather.  104 degrees and no A/C can really put a strain on someone.  Ask my roommate.

2.  Seeing Neighbors
I'm not too good at talking to my neighbors.  They ask too many questions.  I saw them in a whole new light during the power outage.  Particularly the guy who had a generator just for his freezer full of beer.  Priorities...

1.  Helplessness
I seriously think that being helpless is the worst feeling in the world.  To have to rely on others to do things that grown ups should be able to do.  It's saddening, really.  I missed having my freedom.  I had to wait for the power company to rescue me.  I hate that.


No comments:

Post a Comment