Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Top Ten

Time to make things light tonight.  Today, I'm just going to list my top ten favorite athletes of all time.  The ones in bold are the ones I'll name my kids after.  Well, I'm going to bold the name I'd give the kids.

10.  Ric Flair
He'd be up higher if he wasn't pimping an energy drink with a toy wrestling belt.  Just love that guy.  His style, his swag, his trash talking ways...they all give me chills.

9.  Kevin Durant
He's a very young man, but he's the best basketball player on my favorite basketball team.  He'll probably be up higher when he wins a championship.

8.  "Macho Man" Randy Savage
Pretty much my favorite wrestler ever.  The flying elbow drop was the coolest thing I've ever seen.  When he and Hulk Hogan split as a tag team, I was on Savage's side.  Basically, I thought he was the man.  When he died, I was near tears.

7. Gary Payton
Yes, I would name my child after Gary Payton.  He was one of the best trash talkers of all time.  He was the face of my favorite basketball team for years.  I even bought a pair of Nike Gloves 2.0.  They weren't gloves, they just called him that because he was so smothering on defense.

6. Michael Jordan
Kinda hate him for ruining my Seattle SuperSonics chances at a championship.  Of course, how could we beat the team that set the record for the most wins in a season ever?  Oh well, he's still one of my favorite athletes.

5.  Aaron Rodgers
Love that guy.  Won my beloved Packers a Super Bowl.  He's great.  He'll be one of the greatest ever when it's all said and done, don't you worry.

4. Charles Barkley
Sir Charles is not only one of my favorite players ever, he's one of my favorite people on the planet.  He's honest, sincere, and down right funny.  I really wished he'd run for governor of Alabama.  I'd move to Alabama just to vote for him.

3. Barry Bonds
Yeah, I know he has a bad rap.  However, growing up, I thought he was the best ever.  Still do, truth be told.  I even bought a dangly cross earring simply to be just like him.  I wore 25 in church softball.  Yeah, loved that guy.

2. Brett Favre
That guy is the man.  He'd be number one if he didn't side with those lousy, no good Minnesota Vikings.  I hate the Vikings, so I wished him nothing but the best until he played my Packers.  However, he's the reason I became a Packers fan as a young boy.  He's the reason I love football more than any other sport.  An incredible athlete.

1.  Muhammad Ali
He's simply the Greatest.  He's the best ever.  No one could touch him.  There was a lot of hate when he gave up fighting in the Vietnam War.  That doesn't mean much in terms of how great of an athlete and fighter he is.  He was the best, bar none.  He could do some awesome things in that boxing ring.





No comments:

Post a Comment