Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Turn Back Tuesday

Today's blog takes us back to August 4, 2010.  Airplanes by B.o.B. and that chick from Paramore was the popular song.  In fact, everyone on my Facebook was posting it as their status update.  It seemed like every other hour, someone was quoting the chorus of that song.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now.

I had a bigger issue with people over quoting the song.  I guess I could understand why.  We were in a terrible recession.  We're still getting hit kind of hard by it.  Unemployment was rampant.  College kids were having hard times getting work.  It was a rough time period.

If I had one wish, it would be that people would understand what they are getting themselves into.  It seems like so many people on this planet forget that there are consequences for their actions.  Too often, I see people who just complain and whine about their circumstances without once saying, "oh wait, I shouldn't have done that."  I wish that there were more people who would heed others' warnings about certain things.  There's a reason they put history in books, so others can read it and learn from it.  Most people just want to learn through trying.  That's fine, as long as you don't complain about the results.

I think a personal wish for me is that I can leave a legacy.  Something that could help others become successful.  Yeah, I want to be successful too, no doubt.  However, I want others to feel the sense of satisfaction from something I did.  Nothing wrong with leaving a great legacy for all to follow.  I want that for myself.  I want people to think, "man, that Tyrone really helped me do the right thing."

If you really want to do the right thing by me, stop requesting Call Me Maybe.  Even though I can honestly say I've never heard that song in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment