Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hectic Hump Day

A Happy 4th to you all.  I'm sure you're being safe with the fireworks and responsible with your alcohol consumption.  If not, then start now.  It's not too late.

This Hectic Hump Day is a dedication to the Salem Fair.

1.  What happened to parents?  Seriously, the way some of these girls were dressed was embarrassing.  I was embarrassed for those people.  I know it's summer, and you're supposed to wear less clothes because of the heat.  But good Lord, where in the world is your class?

2.  Oh look, there's a teenage girl's mom.  That's why teenage girl dresses like that.

3.  Carnies are getting scarier and scarier by the ride.

4.  Those rides are looking more menacing than ever.

5.  Who thought renaming the Gravitron was a good idea?  Terrible.

6.  Oh goodness, the Zipper.  I tried that thing once, they tried to shatter my kneecaps with the door.

7.  Fried Kool-Aid.  I cannot believe this was an option.  It's official, you can fry anything.  It wasn't too bad.  They used the universal flavor of champions.  Red.

8.  Who thought it was a good idea to have a porcupine in the petting zoo?  I mean really...

9.  If you want more of a soda that you feel you're overpaying for, ask for no ice.

10.  Is it okay to tell someone's business if said someone yells that business for people in the next county over to hear?

11.  Every step I took made me realize why I hate the fair.  However the step I didn't take was the main reason.  When a mother yelled to her child, "STOP STEPPIN IN DAT THOW UP!"  No, I did not forget the G or R, nor did I spell "that" correctly.  However, it just reaffirmed my thoughts about fairs in America.  Scary, frightening place.

No comments:

Post a Comment