Saturday, July 7, 2012

Open Letter Saturday

Today's open letter is going out to a particular group of people who are giving the rest of us a bad name.  Please excuse me if I seem frustrated, but when people act a fool, I kind of have to rip them apart.

Dear Westboro Baptist Church,

You're getting on my very last nerve.  Your church has done nothing to advance the Kingdom of God whatsoever.  You are no help.  Please stop doing what you're doing.  The Bible says that the greatest commandment is "to love your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength; and the second is like it, love your neighbor as you love yourself."

Last I checked, calling people who may not do the same things you do derogatory names is not loving your neighbor.  In fact, one can argue that it's not even loving God.  God's word says that God is love.  If you're not loving people the way you're supposed to, you're basically telling God that He's not good enough for them.  Since when?

How dare you use God's word to divide the people of this great country.  For you to cowardly hide behind your freedom of speech is unbelieveable.  The Great Commission says to go and teach all nations and baptize them.  Not once does it say, condemn those and do God's job for Him.  You're all a bunch of cowards.  You're the personification of hypocrisy.

Yes, God has given us a mouth to speak His word, but you're forgetting how to use love.  You've been given a mouth to love your brothers and sisters.  You've been given a mouth to encourage those in the faith.  I'm not encouraged when I see you doing your silly demonstrations.  For you to go to the funerals of our courageous men and women who defended our freedoms to the death literally and protest, it shows how little of the Bible you've read.  In fact, I'd venture to say that you've just kind of found a happy spot in the Bible and refused to go any further.

Please stop telling people you represent God.  I will deny you completely, and I'm sure most of my Christian friends would too.  You're the antithesis of what we need to bring blessings from God to America.

Regards,
A Ticked Off Christian Tired of Having to Defend My God Because You Were Too Stupid to Read Past Leviticus

No comments:

Post a Comment