Saturday, July 28, 2012

I'm Back Folks

Well, I haven't posted in about a week.  It's been a while, and I'm sorry.  Basically, I couldn't get Internet access at the church we were staying in, so I didn't get to share a day by day of my awesome trip.

My church took a group of young people and adults to Sugar Hill, Georgia to be a part of World Changers. World Changers is a group whose purpose is to share Jesus by helping those in need with work on their homes.  The people that are helped could be elderly, down on their luck, or unemployed.  I have to say that I learned so much about myself this week.  Mainly, that I can really encourage people to do their absolute best not just in house work, but life work.

The church groups are split up into different teams.  It's possible to have one person from your group with you for a project.  The team I was on did not have a member of my church with me.  However, I truly am excited about the group God put me with.  I met some wonderful kids.  Our group worked with another group to help an unemployed lady with her siding and painting her home.  She was a true blessing.  She encouraged me more than I could imagine.  Her positive attitude in the midst of a down time in her life showed me that I don't have it that bad.  Her thankfulness really showed me that there are people out there who know how to be grateful.  We also worked on an elderly lady's home.  We painted the entire house in about 7 hours.  It was an amazing show of hard work and determination.

We were fed amazingly by a local church in the area.  The best meal was the chicken salad sandwiches. They were home made by the way.  The food was so good.  We also were housed by an amazing church.  The people did everything possible to make our stay a great one.

The best part was the worship each night.  We got to sit with our crew almost every night.  We got to worship our Lord together.  It was amazing.  The speaker was pretty awesome.  His name is Gary Permenter.  Feel free to invite him to talk to your church.  Actually, I'd just say you just find his number and call him.  He's that cool of a guy.

I would suggest anyone to take a World Changers trip.  If you're not sure who to go with, just find some nice folks and ask to tag along.  What's the worst that could happen?  An amazing trip.

Here's the video from our trip.



CLICK AND SCROLL DOWN FOR PICTURES AND A RECAP


No comments:

Post a Comment