Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fresh New Year

Every year around this time, people set these New Years Resolutions.  You know, these things that are supposed to help you change your life and become a better person.  I realized that if I'm going to become a better person, I first need to figure out who I should be better than.  Well if you believe the way I believe, then you're in a 6 to 7 billion way tie for worst person ever.  Yes there are some nice people in the world who do some marvelous things.  My family is pretty awesome if you ask me.  However we all fail in comparison to the Ultimate Better Person, Jesus.  Yeah I know that trying to be as good as Jesus is an endeavor that 9 times out of ten, we fail miserably at.  And of course that tenth time, it's just downright embarrassing.  Hmm, so what do we do?  Pretty simple really, just keep swimming.  Isn't that what that little blue fish said in Finding Nemo?  Never stop trying to improve.  However never forget that the best person to compare yourself to is not that lousy neighbor with the loud kids or that co-worker who smells like they've been working really hard.  You should compare yourself to the only person worthy of being called The Better Person, then you'll see that you have a long way to go.  And then you'll keep trying to do better and better.

My New Years Resolution

Here's my resolution, it's simple.  Be honest.  I'm usually honest except for when I try to tell people how I'm doing.  I never tell the truth.  I always say that I'm fine, or I'm not sure yet because it's 6 in the morning and I haven't had any coffee, tea, or contact with direct sunlight.  This year, if you ask me how I'm doing, you had better be ready to get a good long explanation about my mindset.  You're not getting all the gory details, but you will get a pretty good answer to a question that most of the time is dismissed.  And if you do try to walk away before I actually tell you how I'm doing, I will tell you how I'm doing loudly.

My Other New Years Resolutions

First, I'm going to work on this blog a lot more.  Seems like I dismiss this blog and forget to share my thoughts more.  So, I'm going to try to do this every day.  Second, I'm going to finish my kids' book.  It's at the last chapter, I just haven't thought about finishing it.  I know that this book could be a fun read for upper elementary kids.  Maybe I can make some coin and go on a date with the recently single Katy Perry.  The rest could go to singing lessons for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment