Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I hate risks

I guess I know why I don't gamble too much.  I've only played the lottery three times in my.  Once when I got free tickets for looking at cars that I couldn't afford.  I won 4 bucks.  The second time, I found the tickets on the ground unscratched.  The third time, I won them in a Dirty Santa game with co-workers.  Yes, people traded me lottery tickets for a coffee mug.  Be that as it may, I don't do a lot of gambling.  I don't take a lot of risks.  Maybe it's because I hate to lose.  Possibly because I don't like what could happen.  I'm not a fan of putting money on certain sports teams.  Needless to say, my apprehension with gambling goes beyond money.  I'm okay with sharing my feelings if I know I'm right and what will happen next.  I'm okay with putting my opinions on this thing because ultimately, I control my thoughts.  However when it comes to sharing my feelings and leaving the results in someone else's hands, that scares the you know what out of me.  I don't know if I just am scared of the results.  I don't know if I'm nervous over being wronged.  It's the reason I can count on one hand how many times I've had true feelings for someone.  I really hate having all my efforts be in vain.  It's a pet peeve of mine.  However sometimes you have to swallow that pride and that apprehension and go for it.  Yes, I am basically talking to myself.  This is me telling me to go for whatever it is I have to go for and let the consequences be derned.  Mom's reading this, can't be swearing.  What will happen, I really don't know.  Just have to trust that everything will work out for the best.  Fear must be beaten.  Lucky for me, I have a hard time fearing things for longer than a minute.  Except escalators...those things will never be not scary.

On a completely unrelated side note, how did Detroit get a hold of 214 million dollars with their economy?

No comments:

Post a Comment