Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I've Matured, I'm proud of me

I'm proud of myself.  I usually am, but today's special.  Usually when my favorite team loses, I'm a blithering idiot.  I get mad.  I avoid people and places.  I just despise anything I'm a part of.  However this Sunday, my beloved Packers went down in the playoffs.  I handled it quite well.  I didn't fuss.  I didn't complain.  I didn't make excuses.  I just shrugged it off and went about my business.  I don't know what's happened.  I mean I still love my Packers, but what in the world is happening to my sports love.  It's becoming more dignified.  I'm respectable.  Funny enough, there are sports fans older than me that act less mature.  I don't really understand it.  But enough about other people, it's about me.  I didn't get to see all the game, but I'm sure if I watched it, I'd have just said, "man, we're not doing so hot."  There are other things that I'm doing in life that I wouldn't have done 5 years ago.  I made my own spaghetti with a pasta maker last night.  That's insane.  I used to laugh at people who made their own foods like spaghetti.  Now, I'm all about some homemade foods.  I want to make my own everything: breads, sausages, and others.  I mean seriously, homemade stuff is awesome.  I'm growing up.  I also started a spreadsheet for my personal budget.  I've never done that.  It's incredible how I love looking at receipts and checking on what I spend my money on.  I know exactly how much is coming and going now.  I like projecting my spending and seeing how below or above I go each month.  It's quite a good feeling, knowing I'm becoming a big boy.  I'm also looking for deals and couponing a bit.  Actually, now that I think about it...I'm becoming a woman.  What is all this care about my image and how I do things?  I need a steak.  I need to fart on command again.  This is getting crazy.  I'm giving sage advice to people instead of telling them to suck it up.  What is happening to me?  The worst part about this, there isn't a woman I'm trying to impress with this stuff.  I am losing a grip on myself.  Oh gracious, me.  Oh gosh, there I go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment