Monday, January 30, 2012

The Beginning...

I'm starting something this week.  We are going to celebrate my birthday week. Why, you ask?  Because it's my blog.  So I'm going to go through some of the highlights of my life that happened on my birthday.  Things that I remember from birthdays past.  The first story I'm telling is from last year.  Last year, I took a nice girl and her son to the circus.  The only negative to that was that I had to pay for the dern thing.  I'm paying, on my birthday?  That's no good.  Other than that, the circus was actually a lot of fun.  I got popcorn, soda, and cotton candy.  I hung out with a really smart lady and her really cool son.  The circus was full of cool things.  The tigers were the best part.  I know there is some controversy about tigers in captivity, but the beauty of those animals are unreal.  I hated the clowns...still hate them.  I don't find them funny.  They do nothing to make me laugh at all.  Anyway, I had a good day that day.  Best part was that the very next day, Green Bay won the Super Bowl.  Of course, it got progressively worse because I started dating my crazy, paranoid ex the week after.  For the record, not the same girl I took to the circus.  That year, I turned 29 and 24 months.  Very much a landmark birthday.  This last year taught me so much about myself and the people I surrounded myself with.  I grew up a lot that year.  I finished my provisional license in Special Education.  I lost my grandmother.  I dealt with nutty roommates.  I dealt with an even nuttier ex girlfriend.  I dealt with transfer upon transfer for work.  It had been the most trying year of my life.  I'm thankful for the experience.  It was God teaching me something from this.  Let God teach you stuff when He has a chance.  Be open to learning experiences.  You'd be surprised what could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment