Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Fever

Usually, I only get excited about a few sporting events a year.  However, the most exciting sporting event to me is the Olympics.  I love both the Winter and the Summer Olympics.  I just enjoy watching all the different games and events.  Some are pretty odd, some seem like anyone can do it.

My favorite event of the summer games is probably basketball.  I just love seeing our NBA stars putting beatdowns on other countries.  Nothing against Brazil or Argentina, but you can't beat my country in basketball, and that makes me proud.  When watching the best of the best working together in harmony, it makes me happy.

I don't know about you, but I go absolutely nuts for curling.  That's a Winter Olympic event.  If you don't know what it is, it's the one with the rocks and the brooms.  It's so amazing to see the control of the sliding stone by these people.  It's something I seriously want to try to do.  I really think I could do it.  I mean if a woman who was 5 months pregnant can do it, I can do it.  You'd think.

I know one thing, I get super patriotic around this time.  I want my country to win every gold medal possible.  I know it's improbable due to our country's lack of dedication to certain events compared to other countries, but I do want that.  I want to see our country on top of the medal count every day.  I feel a bit of pride in my body when I hear my national anthem being played and see my flag being raised higher than everyone else's. If you don't feel those feelings as an American, feel free to leave.  Seriously, stop taking our money and wasting your time.  Go somewhere else with that noise.

And of course, women's volleyball (both indoor and beach) is a fun time...sorry to the water polo teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment