Thursday, August 16, 2012

Head Hurts, But Not Anymore.

You know, sometimes I have to just sit back and wonder why things are the way they are.  I have to question if I'm doing something wrong.  Truth be told, I'm a little gobsmacked at things that have happened.  I seem to have a lot of things going on at once.  I don't get why it happens to be a torrential rain on you.

I think back to Job and how he was attacked constantly by Satan.  I know there's a reason for it.  It's because Satan wasn't happy with the testimony of Job.  Not comparing my struggles to Job, not by a long shot.  However it does say something when Satan is so threatened by you that he feels the need to attack you.

I think about Daniel and all the times he was attacked by people who didn't quite get his faith in God.  I don't normally get attacked by people for my faith in God, but it does seem like my faith can be the stumbling block of some people.


Well, let me tell you all something.  God is good.  I'm typing this in the middle of an amazing gift from my Lord.  I decided to keep my frustrations with life at times up to remind me that things get better in the morning.

Truth be told, I was going through a trial that I really didn't think I'd get out of.  I was hurting, broken hearted, and torn.  I wasn't sure where joy would be coming from.  However, God in His amazing grace and sovereignty, has been overwhelmingly good to me.  I don't deserve a second of it, but God is good anyway. Next time you're feeling like it can't get any better ever, just remember that joy comes in the morning.  Daniel survived the lions' den.  Job got double his wealth.  In the end, God is the winner.  He is the greatest.  He is the Provider, the Healer, and the Comfort.  Take refuge in Him.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, brother. Don't know what you're going through, but I know our Lord can handle it.

    ReplyDelete