Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thinking...

Sometimes, my mind kind of wanders.  By sometimes, I mean all the stinking time.  Today it wandered a lot. I had a lot on my mind.  There are some crazy things happening in my life.  Hearing some strange news doesn't help much.  I often wonder why things happen.  I mean I should be aware that sometimes God puts things into your life that makes you think about where you are.  Particularly, makes you think about where you are in your life and in the eyes of the Lord above.

I know where I want to be in my life.  I know what I want my career to be.  I know where I am called.  The problem is, a lot of outside forces aren't cooperating.  Makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing when that happens.  It makes me question my calling.  Sometimes it feels like the mean neighborhood kid has my favorite hat and keeps running around the giant tree while I'm chasing him.  Kind of unfair.

However then I think about where I am in God's eyes.  Am I doing it right?  Am I following the right call?  It makes me question if God has been kind of pulling my leg about my calling.  I know He's not, but sometimes I have to wonder if I'm in the right place.

Now to share how I know I'm in the right place.  The fact that God has blessed me in everything I do.  The fact that even though things aren't perfectly in order.  The fact that everything is kind of fuzzy, but I still am standing strong.  Truth be told, I couldn't possibly be happier than where I am right now.  I love the people around me.  I love the work I do.  I love the things I'm doing outside of career.  It seems like everything is kind of coming together a little better.  I truly believe it is only a matter of time before I am where I, and most importantly God wants me to be.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm there now.  The end game is a little up in the air, but I think I'll get to that goal soon enough.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy every step of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment