Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricanes, Politics, and Clowns

I haven't been very consistent in writing my blog lately.  It's just a blend of exhaustion, active life, and more exhaustion.  I'll just talk about what's on my mind.  Enjoy.

First of all, my prayers go to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy.  I've seen and lived through some tough weather situations.  God bless you all.

On the subject of this hurricane, I'm absolutely flabbergasted that there are "news" sources that are trying to figure out how this hurricane affects the presidential election.  The fact that Fox News had the nerve to ask a Republican Governor why he was praising a Democrat President for responding to a natural disaster in a timely manner is ridiculously stupid.  The fact that MSNBC asked about the motives of Mitt Romney going to the northeast is silly.  Let's ask the people who just lost homes, businesses, and maybe even loved ones who they are voting for since that's way more important...

I went to Liberty University's ScareMare last weekend.  The haunted house in and of itself was pretty cool.  However the clowns in the line were not good.  In fact, when they followed me from one house to the other, it got frightening.  When they all learned my name, it got down right evil.  Thanks for successfully giving me the creeps.

Today, due to the weather, I had a day off.  It was nice.  I got to relax, watch some television, and eat McDonald's without having to worry about being late.

My fantasy football team is doing a lot better now.  It was really touch and go the first couple of weeks, but I've won my last two games.  I'm not terrible anymore.

Speaking of, Yahoo has this cool feature that actually generates a recap of your fantasy matchup like a sports story.  I'm pretty impressed with it.

People ask me who I'm voting for this year.  Truth be told, neither of the main candidates are worth my vote.  I really like Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson.  He thinks like I think.  People say that these non-main party candidates are stealing votes from the main two party candidates.  I believe it's the other way around.  I believe that people are so enamored by the two party system, that they don't even consider that another candidate could be more in line with their beliefs than they think.  I believe it's about time that people really look at everyone put in front of them before making a decision on who they want for their president, or any office for that matter.

I'm contemplating my costume for Halloween tomorrow.  I've narrowed it down to B-Boy or Jamaican Soccer Player.  Feel free to chime in.

No comments:

Post a Comment