Friday, October 12, 2012

Music Friday



So, I watched that Vice Presidential Debate last night.  It was quite animated.  I have some ideas about the debate.  And since I don't have a horse in the race, I can actually tell you the truth as opposed to my opinion.

First of all, the debate was a draw.  I don't care what anyone tells you, neither man really separated himself from the other.  It was pretty much a wash.  Neither man took the lead for their candidate.  However there was a lot of other things that came about.

Paul Ryan drinks a lot of water, at least I hope it was water in that glass.  I mean, I've never seen someone drink so much in one sitting.  I hope he had one of those trucker's friends things attached to his leg.

Joe Biden can get pretty agitated.  It seemed like every time Ryan said something that Uncle Joe didn't believe, he'd start to choke, gag, laugh, and whatnot.  It was actually pretty funny.  It may have had something to do with him just being kind of old and wanting his way.  Point being, it was interesting to watch.

Ryan is a genius when it comes to financial things.  Although it was kind of funny when Biden called out Ryan about his letters asking for a cut of the stimulus money that no one wanted according to Ryan.  However, financially speaking, Ryan is pretty accurate.

However, Joe Biden is pretty wise on foreign policy.  That comes with experience in politics.  However, I do have to giggle a little when Ryan called out Biden on the President's dealings with the Embassy in Libya.  It was a tragic event, but when our administration kind of poo poos on security for our ambassadors, these things happen.

My point is that the debate last night was a lot more fun to watch than the debate last week.  Again, I believe that Obama really believed that he had everything in the bag with the whole 47% thing.  Biden helped show the USA that there was a want to to win the election.  Ryan did a good job of showing everyone that he wasn't just a baby, he had on his big boy pants.

I just want to know how Danville, Kentucky won the draw to host a debate.  I mean seriously, was there no other podunk place to have a debate?

No comments:

Post a Comment