Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Have My Own Mind, Thank You

Now I'm a big fan of Facebook.  I can find old school friends from days gone by.  I can talk to people about stuff without using a telephone.  Facebook has been a fun adventure for me.  My status messages are comedic gold according to those who apparently truly haven't seen anything funny in life.  Overall, it's a good time.  However I have a beef with them.  The website that has overtaken Myspace as the biggest waste of time is now doing my liking and thinking for me.  You ever take notice to that little box on the right side that gives you "recommended pages"?  I'm not afraid to admit that I am a fan of Desperate Housewives.  However I'm not a fan of a website telling me that since I'm a fan of Desperate Housewives, I must be a fan of Grey's Anatomy.  No, I'm not.  I don't like the show, I find it lame.  Same with the whole "22 of your friends like mushrooms, click here."  Look, I love a good mushroom, but to make it a group on facebook and tell me to like it because my friends do?  I thought that whole peer pressure thing was over with in middle school.  I don't want people telling me who to like.  Lately I've noticed that there are a lot of odd "like" categories.  Some that are two and three sentences long.  Look people, don't join just any old group because it's something to do.  The group, "My shoes aren't the same size as they were in kindergarten, but I still want to wear them" is not particularly a good look.  I just noticed that 12 of my friends are fans of Barack Obama.  The same exact number of my friends like Bob Marley.  And twice as many are fans of a quote from Family Guy.  I know this isn't a long blog, so I'll make it up to you by showing a video of my new favorite song.



Run and tell that, homeboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment