Thursday, August 5, 2010

Frustrations

I have a ridiculous amount of spare time between the end of summer camp and the beginning of the school year.  So I get the distinct pleasure of watching game shows in the morning.  Today, I was watching Price is Right and it was a pretty interesting episode.  This one dude had no idea how much a tube of toothpaste was.  The worst part of the episode was this one lady who clearly had no clue about life.  Her showcase was pretty neat: a BMW motorcycle, a trip to Greenville, SC for the BMW Experience (I never knew Greenville had something that cool), and a BMW Convertible.  Pretty awesome showcase, if you ask me.  This woman ruined my day by saying that it cost $47,000.  WHAT!??!  The wheels on a BMW Convertible are at least 20,000.  Needless to say, this woman did not win the showcase.  This brings me to my point.  Why do we get so frustrated at regular people like us not knowing prices?  As a former game show contestant myself, I should have known the pressures that come with being in front of bright lights and pretty women trying to figure out the price of a bread machine ($180).  I think the most frustrated I got was during one of my favorite game shows ever on Nickelodeon, Legends of the Hidden Temple.  Now if you've ever seen the show, it's basically got six teams of two kids each (one boy, one girl for equal rights reasons).  These teams go through this tournament style game where the final team goes through this temple to find an ancient artifact (replica of course).  One of the rooms in said temple is called The Shrine of the Silver Monkey. See the image above for details.  You have to put the monkey together in order to open the door.  It's only got three parts: feet, body, head.  Sounds simple right?  NOPE!  Kids stay for minutes, almost ages just trying to put this silly monkey together.  Some kids put the head in first.  Some put the feet upside-down.  It's just really sad to watch.  Why do we get so frustrated, they're just kids?  I guess because we want so bad for the kids to win.  We want the Regular Joe to win that cool trip to Space Camp in Alabama (best prize ever if you're 11).  My biggest bout of frustration lately was watching Jeopardy!  Jeopardy! is supposed to be an ultimate test of your knowledge of random things.  I think you should watch this clip and watch what frustrates me.  How does the only male in the group miss this question?



Game show frustration...at its peak.  I'll stick with yelling at The Situation trying to fight off Snooki.

No comments:

Post a Comment